A video shot by Steven Meisel complemented the Lanvin Fall 2011 Ad Campaign images starring Raquel Zimmermann and Karen Elson. The Lanvin Fall 2011 Ad Campaign Video shot by features Raquel Zimmermann and Karen Elson dancing in sync -just like their poses in the ad campaign images- to Pit Bull’s ‘I Know You Want Me’. That’s right. Alber Elbaz even makes a cameo appearance dancing at the end of the video, so be sure to watch till the end.
The whole set up: the models awkwardly dancing in sync, the corny soundtrack contrasted against Lanvin’s best, may all seem quite peculiar. Lanvin and Pit Bull clearly do not mix and a change of soundtrack could have done wonders. But is it a case of so bad it’s good? Or a creative direction gone astray? You decide.
Image credits: Lanvin/Steven Meisel
- Raquel Zimmermann, Karen Elson | Lanvin Fall/Winter 2011 Ad Campaign
- Kim Noorda | Marie Claire Italia September 2011
- Beyoncé | Harper’s Bazaar UK September 2011
- Jourdan Dunn, Daria Strokous, Arizona Muse, Raquel Zimmermann, Coco Rocha | Vogue US September 2011
- Alexander McQueen Fall/Winter 2011 Ad Campaign | Raquel Zimmermann