Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has been announced as the new face or rather body of Burberry Body, Burberry‘s newest fragrance. Dubbed as the most sensual women’s fragrance to date, the Burberry Body ad campaign directed by Christopher Bailey features Rosie Huntington-Whiteley wearing only a rose gold satin trench coat and the Burberry scent. (Kind of reminds you of the Sophie Dahl for Yves Saint Laurent Opium ads back in 2000 when Tom Ford was at the helm.) Of course, this was done more tastefully; sensuous but just within perimeters.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will also be the first of a series of ‘Burberry bodies’ that will be shot by Mario Testino in the years to come. Another brilliant idea! A series of iconic women featured to mark a Burberry Body‘s presence in the increasingly saturated fragrance market that will be sustained in the long run.
Burberry Body launches in over 150 countries from 1 September 2011. More details to come soon.
Image credits: © Copyright Burberry/Testino
- Raquel Zimmermann | Alexander Wang Fall 2011 Ad Campaign Preview
- Elle Fanning | Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 Ad Campaign
- Tilda Swinton | W Magazine August 2011
- Sasha Pivovarova by Hedi Slimane | Vogue Japan August 2011
- Lily Donaldson | Vogue Japan Beauty August 2011