Karlie Kloss has come of age in the Vogue Italia December 2011 issue. Clad in Valentino, she strikes up a fearsome pose reminiscent of Gisele Bundchen on the cover. The talking point however is the editorial spread inside, aptly titled Body.
Shot by Steven Meisel, Karlie Kloss captivates in the buff in what seems to be her first time intentionally baring her breasts. “Too young” (she’s 19; 15 when she burst on the scene), “she’s anorexic” and “overly photoshopped” were the main arguments. I see her as having a well-toned body, albeit aided by photoshop (which models aren’t) and a versatile model who has finally matured. It must also be noted that she is a Victoria’s Secret model; enough said. So I say enough of the criticism and see what Karlie Kloss has become –a fine model looking to make her mark as one of the elites. I can only imagine what 2012 has installed for her. Check out the 18-page spread of Karlie Kloss by Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia December 2011 below.
Image credits: Steven Meisel/Vogue Italia, tfs
- W Magazine December 2011 | Dakota & Elle Fanning by Mario Sorrenti
- Vogue US December 2011 | Charlize Theron
- Facing by Naq Lee | Frida Gustavsson, Natasha Poly, Anja Rubik, Abbey Lee Kershaw
- Kongo Graffiti for Hermès Scotts Square Store
- The Valentino Garavani Virtual Museum