The Prada Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign unveils a mouth-watering cast of veteran and up-and-coming models shot by Steven Meisel. Amber Valletta, Raquel Zimmermann, Saskia De Brauw, Sasha Pivovarova, Eva Herzigova, and Kirsten Owen make up the somewhat surprising cast of heavyweights while Sung Hee Kim, Irene Hiemstra, Irina Kravchenko, Vanessa Axente, and Prada worldwide exclusive for Spring/Summer 2013, Maartje Verhoef –who opened the show– make up the list of exciting newcomers.
“Flowers are a recurring motif: there is nothing girly or ostentatious about these blooms or these women; full-length shots are paired with cropped images, accentuating the contrasting characteristics of these eleven eclectic and iconic models.”
A relatively different take from its previous ad campaigns, this dynamic cast of models do take the attention off the clothes which although iconic in their own right, felt a tad less wearable and trend-setting than its previous collections of late. This concept of “contrasting characteristics” also resulted in 20 pairings (images) with repeat shots that felt slightly overdone but still, Amber Valletta, Sasha Pivovarova, who is slowly edging her way back into the scene post-pregnancy, Vanessa Axente, Irene Hiemstra, and Maartje Verhoef were draws for me.
Check out the rest of the Prada Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign by Steven Meisel below.
Image Credits: Prada
- Prada Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Ad Campaign | Anne Vyalitsyna, Elza Luijendijk, Iselin Steiro, Madison Headrick, Magdalena Frackowiak & Vanessa Axente by Steven Meisel
- Prada Spring/Summer 2012 Ad Campaign | Elise Crombez, Natasha Poly, Meghan Collison, Katryn Kruger, Ymre Stiekema by Steven Meisel
- Prada Presents “A Therapy” | A Film by Roman Polanski
- Prada Fall/Winter 2011/2012 Ad Campaign
- Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2013 Ad Campaign | Various Models by Steven Meisel