The Dior Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign marks Raf Simon’s first ad campaign as creative director of Dior and also Dior’s first ever print ad campaign for a main ready-to-wear collection since Spring/Summer 2011 –apart from ad campaigns for its Lady Dior and Miss Dior bags. Choosing to focus more on shooting campaigns for its beauty, eyewear, fragrance, and bag collections in recent seasons, the arrival of Raf Simons in April 2012 as artistic director is proving to be a dawn of a new age for the house of Dior.
This is clearly evident in a decidedly refreshing take that has Raf Simons’ favoured minimalism style stamped all over it with the usage of blocks of white frames that were seen at the runway show in September 2012. At once it might seem disperse with models placed at different grounds for a dimensional setting and props plastered randomly but on deeper realisation, it evokes an imaginative realm that is one part dreamlike and another demure.
Aided by Willy Vanderperre who so often shot ad campaigns for Jil Sander when Raf Simons was still there, the Dior Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign features Dior regular Daria Strokous alongside Anna Martynova, Diane Conterato, Nicole Pollard, and Marie Piovesan.
Image Credits: Dior Facebook
- Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2013 Ad Campaign | Various Models by Steven Meisel
- Prada Spring/Summer 2013 Ad Campaign | Various Models by Steven Meisel
- Vogue UK January 2013 | Dior in Vogue: the archive
- Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture Collection | Raf Simons’ Debut
- ‘Secret Garden – Versailles’ | A Film by Inez and Vinoodh for Dior