Shot by Steven Meisel, the Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign follows the same concept as its runway show held a couple of months ago. The set design was created by artist Daniel Buren who created a similar checkerboard design for the show in Paris and will also be designing window displays for select Louis Vuitton stores.
The collection was inspired by Daniel Buren’s Les Deux Plateaux, a series of striped columns of different heights in Palais Royal. Marc Jacobs reinterpreted this with repetition and the manipulation of the Louis Vuitton Damier check that set the mood for an optical display of graphic elements. And, I guess that’s all that you need: visual excitement in simple silhouettes.
The Louis Vuitton Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign by Steven Meisel stars (from left) Janice Alida, Athena Wilson, Bria Condon, Magdalena Jaesk, Ji Hye Park, Tian Yi, Ruby Jean Wilson, and Nastya Kusakina, who are all relatively new to the scene. One of them, Bria Condon, actually makes her debut in this campaign without any prior experience in editorials, campaigns or shows!
The campaign also bears a similar aesthetic to previous Prada ad campaigns that were shot by Steven Meisel as well. Those two, incidentally, are the ones to watch every season.
Image Credits: tfs
- L’Invitation Au Voyage | Louis Vuitton’s First Ever Ad Campaign Video
- Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Ad Campaign | Various Models by Steven Meisel
- Louis Vuitton Presents “LV/MJ: Olivier Zahm Diary” | A Film by Olivier Zahm
- Prada Fall/Winter 2012/2013 Ad Campaign | Anne Vyalitsyna, Elza Luijendijk, Iselin Steiro, Madison Headrick, Magdalena Frackowiak & Vanessa Axente by Steven Meisel
- Prada Spring/Summer 2012 Ad Campaign | Elise Crombez, Natasha Poly, Meghan Collison, Katryn Kruger, Ymre Stiekema by Steven Meisel