Gone with the highly stylized ad campaigns of recent seasons’ past and in with a straightforward studio shoot sans props. The Gucci Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign brought back memories of ad campaigns during Tom Ford circa Gucci when he first enlisted the help of Mario Testino and Carine Roitfeld somewhere around the mid-nineties. Perhaps it was due to the 60th anniversary of the 1953 Gucci Horsebit loafer that prompted a reference into the archives.
This time Anja Rubik and Karmen Pedaru replaces the cool nineties glamour of Amber Valetta as Mert & Marcus make easy work here. Interesting that the aesthetic remained the same –as did the ever timeless Horsebit loafer– and for the clothes, a simple palette of singular colours and silhouette shone through. But it was the nostalgic mood of yesteryears that got me the most excited.
Check out the rest of the Gucci Spring/Summer 2013 ad campaign featuring Anja Rubik and Karmen Pedaru by Mert & Marcus below.
Image Credits: tfs
- Prada Spring/Summer 2013 Ad Campaign | Various Models by Steven Meisel
- Dior Spring/Summer 2013 Ad Campaign | Various Models by Willy Vanderperre
- Nordstrom Presents Miss Wu Spring 2013 by Jason Wu
- Burberry Prorsum Spring/Summer 2013 Ad Campaign | Romeo Beckham by Mario Testino
- Coach Spring 2013 Collection Press Presentation