Jessica Chastain, who surprised us all when she burst on the scene only last year with a number of critically acclaimed films and an Academy Award nomination for her role in The Help, nabs the cover of W Magazine January 2013, the magazine’s annual Art Issue. Four covers were shot, each representing a different artist, and each portraying a vastly different style and mood that somehow fit together like a mini exhibition gallery.
To me, it was a portrayal of the versatility of Jessica Chastain and the different roles that she has played so far. Her most recent one? As a CIA analyst tracking down Osama Bin Laden in Zero Dark Thirty.
Check out the rest of W Magazine January 2013 cover story starring Jessica Chastain and the four artists that she shares the spotlight with: Mickalene Thomas, Rineke Dijkstra, George Condo, and Chantal Joffe.
Images Courtesy of W Magazine
- W Magazine September 2012 | Kristen McMenamy by Tim Walker
- FAT Magazine Winter 2012 | Daria Strokous by Hugh Lippe
- Marilyn Monroe and Chanel N°5 | Inside Chanel
- LOVE Magazine Advent 2012 | Merry Christmas from Cara Delevingne
- Alexander McQueen Spring/Summer 2013 | A Backstage Film